Leading with Foresight
A new online program to help you navigate uncertainty and shape better futures.
Hey boss, where are we headed?
We’ve trained leaders at
Get the latest on innovation creativity
and our newest courses
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Without a go-to framework, cutting into ambiguous discussions about the future can be tough. What do you anchor on? What version of the future?
- We’ll introduce foresight frameworks that give clarity and structure to this otherwise daunting task. You’ll find yourself seeking out opportunities to explore uncertainty, as opposed to steering away from it.
- Taking the long view and seeing what’s plausible makes individuals and teams better prepared for any change that might unfold, not just the most probable situations.
- We’ll cover how to think about foresight as understanding the plausible, not just the predictable, to build adaptive capacity as a leader and group.
- The sooner your team can see future possibilities, the sooner you can begin to develop creative responses that might otherwise have gone undiscovered.
- We’ll look at how foresight methods can help us challenge the assumptions about our current state and, in doing so, unlock new opportunities.
Meet your instructor
Suzanne is a faculty member at OCAD University where she teaches Digital Futures and Strategic Foresight and Innovation.
Prior to OCAD U, she was with SMARTlab, where she was deputy director and principal research fellow in Technology Futures. Suzanne was formerly a member of Nokia’s Insight & Foresight group, which studied emerging trends and identified new business opportunities created by disruptive technological and market developments.
At Sapient Corporation, a business and technology consultancy, Suzanne was the discipline lead for Experience Modeling (XMod), where she led a group of diverse social scientists. She was also a director in the User Experience Group, overseeing creative development and research offerings.
Suzanne is a PhD candidate at the London School of Economics. She was the Canadian juror for the UN Task Force and the World Summit Awards.
100+ minutes of teaching in a series of digestible videos. Each video is a maximum of 15 minutes in length and presents a specific concept and corresponding exercise.
In this section you’ll meet your OCAD U instructor, understand the value of strategic foresight for your organization, and how to mobilize a team to augment the learning process.
Scenario planning is a tool for anticipating what might unfold in the future.
In this module, you will learn how to take the outputs of your team’s horizon scanning work and turn them into vivid snapshots of plausible futures, against which strategy options can be tested.
In this module, you will learn how to adapt and create strategies to prepare for both the near- and long-term future, and how to test those strategies against multiple possible scenarios.
Take your leadership to the next level by building foresight capabilities in your team and across your organization. This module covers approaches to empowering teams, embracing diverse perspectives, and developing a culture of futures-thinking innovators.
More than a course. You’ll build a future-proofed plan.
Get a verified digital certificate from OCAD U CO.
No! We want to make this course as accessible as possible. We will provide lots of exercises, readings and direction for how to learn the methods and frameworks but you can do it all at your own pace. No need to stress about marks – we care more about you learning and implementing the concepts in your own practice.
Once you complete all of the video modules in the course, we will issue you an OCAD U CO digital badge indicating your capability in foresight. You can use this to share your accomplishment with your network on LinkedIn, on your resume, Instagram, TikTok – go wild!
This course is designed for anyone looking to add greater impact to their work by integrating the capabilities of strategic foresight and scenario planning. Regardless of the level that you make decisions, these tools will help you make more strategic decisions.
Yes! We actually recommend building foresight capability as a team so that you develop a shared language and way of working together. If your team is 5 or more, reach out to us for team pricing.
No problem! We want to make sure you’re totally happy with every aspect of the course. If you’re not fully satisfied, we offer a full money back guarantee within 7 days.
stay in touch
and our newest courses